Self check and Appreciation to Silent warriors


I am just writing this note on travelling to mysore from Bangalore on the eve of my birthday. Just a very ordinary writer with an extra ordinary passion to rectify mistakes.

It has been one year since I moved to a new city , Mysore. Lots of challenges ! Voila yes you read it right , who is without challenges . In any of the challenges good thing here would be a discussion among 4 about the problem and one best possible result which suits among 4 would be implemented by any of the three. We realised our huge potential of able to manage life in a different city.

This post would actually concentrate on the positive side of the life , what are we going to get on focussing on seeing the negative. Some sympathy from the readers :) already people around me are so kind to support and motivate me during tough times.

Various learnings during this tenure and people have to be thanked. . I realised I am taking away full credits for moving my family ( This is not a self realisation , people around me or my mom just mentions couple of times I laugh inside thinking I am like a manager taking away the credits of people s hard work)

1. My Mom who plays an anchor role in our family (Atoz) needs a special mention , I think that s women trait being little humble and sacrificing self for others comfort. It's not a professional environment to showcase each and every task at home but she amazingly took care of everything and I never openly appreciated her , very mean right ! Realised, She is sole owner for 90 percent success ( if we need to call this ;))

2. To the world she is a small kid. How that small kid moved out of comfort zone ( This I am keeping it for next blog post ) My sistter who assists( still she does hence present tense ) in most of work what I am supposed to do at many instances. She is like Jhansi ki Rani. ( You could spot her wearing dark colour kurthi with an attractive sports shoe ).once she realised we moved to stay with her she started contributing immensely right from selecting a right product to booking our trips to other states . I could not actually think of what she has not done . Now she is on a spree to get a job in Bangalore.

3. We have fitness groups ( Running and badminton) which really helped me to move my ass and do some workout little bit. I just wonder how with a crunching time schedule need to carry out my fitness regime so that I can do few more treks ( at least Annapurna , Gochala, and Everest Base camp). Weekly once we have six people , some or the other keep going and playing badminton.

4. Luckily till now there is no lay off openly in my working company. A clear upskilling required to move to either move to a diff place or to next level in the same company. Really need to move from the comfort zone and improve and it's high time as decided to stay in technical field.

Such a motivated group of people at work place keeps you engaged and every time we push ourselves and its quite interesting . Health also need to taken care which was not really taken into account.

5. Father - As all of us know he is pivotal in everything. We all ensure to his well being at all possible ways. He actively co operates for all things with members and his suggestion on certain things

Thank you so much for all of them or else now days with growing corporate world stress I would not have been able to cope with my life

Challenges ahead right now

1. Moving the family to Bangalore and get a job for sister ( Get her Guidance from Chandra)

2. Career progression for self

Allocating 10-12 hrs in a week. ( 1 hr per day in a working day and 3 hrs in a weekend )

3. Fitness and it's a continuous process ( Keep on improving in badminton , Running , Cycling )

Running - 15km/Week. ( Start small and you can increase slowly)
Yoga - 2 days in a week
Badminton - One day in a week
Cycling - 4 days office commute

4. Seek counseling from experienced individuals on various pointers Abt partner selection and set a deadline when you want to marry and don't keep postponing for other reasons

5. Long working hours wears you down , Think abt what alternate option we have

6. Saving percentage need to increase 20 percent than last year. A comprehensive investment plan has to be created in alingment with goals

" Today buy a thing which you really don't need you may need to sell a thing in future which you really need " - WB

7. Reading makes a person little more wise. Target two books a month to improve your English and thought process. 20-25 books list has been prepared and following that without fail.

8. We should do some family trips apart from the hospital visit ( A day at Ooty or a day at coorg)
We should explore Mysore in the name of improvement we need to plan a take a break to stay motivated.

9. Sleep seven hours a day whatever be the case. And not to be urgent in all the task. Take up slowly and remind always not in a race with anyone. Exercise and meditate daily.

10. Not doing any community work .

In another two hours turning 27 hopefully atleast mentally prepared for the forthcoming challenges. After writing this post such a clarity of thought now it also lies in implementing and tracking it regularly and tweaking as per situations.

Stay motivated! Wish me best !

Let me reiterate efforts done by me for my family is 1 percent but it is perceived in a different way and this post is to expose those silent Warriors :) and press a pause button to think of future challenges .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson learnt this week

Kick Start the Fitness Resolution 2015 from Feb

Happiness ! Happiness! Happiness!